The boys aren't happy with me taking pictures of them putting together Grants birthday Present!
The final Product, They did a good job!
Bath time for babies out camping!!
Teehee I caught this at the perfect time!!
Roasted chicken over the fire...Also caught this one at a good time!
Playing in the creek.
It has been a while since my last post. Let me fill you in on what the family has been up to.
We went camping from July 1st to the 10th. It was a little disappointing. The weather was terrible. Grant went fishing at Beaver Lake but not for very long. His weighters filled up with water as soon as he got into his boat thing and his fly rod broke. He waited for Michael to finish fishing for 2 hours and finally came back to camp. The other time we went fishing we went to my famous Grandpas fishing hole. We call it Windys hole. It used to be a great fishing hole and so much fun to fish at. You had to walk into the river until you were knee deep just to be able to cast to the other side of the river. I was the only one who caught a fish, I let him go though, no one wanted to eat it!
We went golfing one of the days. It was super hot and I got burnt (what a surprise). I did fairly well in the beginning, terrible in the middle and by the end of it I had given up. By guessing what I would've gotten on a couple of holes that I never actually played I got a 63 which apparently is really good for my second time golfing. I was playing with Grant and Kevin who got 47 and 48. Mom, Dad and michael golfed behind us. I can't remember their scores. I lost a bunch of balls, but I think I found more than I lost!!
The last 2 days that we were there the weather was beautiful for the most part and we played in the creek. Austin had so much fun throwing rocks and sticks. Logan and I crossed the river which made me very nervous. But once across it wasnt actually scary at all.
Our trailer held up. We figured out the fridge works the whole time we just needed to bleed the propane lines. The stove worked great, but good thing we didn't need to use the furnace. It was capped off because of a leak. We are still planning on getting it fixed in the future. After all the rain, the socks stuffed in the vent pipe hole never leaked through! I was very surprised because we did get a lot of rain.
All in all I guess it was an ok camping trip. Austin had a blast and it was great to see him have fun. A few things will change with the next year family vacation though. The food situation was a bit irritating at times but it worked out. Some family members were irritated with each other but that is over now. Hope next year turns out a little bit better!
No comments:
Post a Comment