Everybody ready for Christmas?? I'm sure not!! I thought I was getting a good head start by getting on my christmas shopping in October but I'm still not any closer than if I had started in December...I think I'm just buying more!!
I started wrapping everything the other night and realized that the kids won't have the same amount of gifts to open. I know that is important in any household no matter what is in the gift. We got Austin something more expensive and so he doesnt have as many gifts to open....when they are this little they wont notice that we might have spent a little more on one than the others so I guess we'll have to find something else to get him. Dalyce has a whole bunch of stuff to open because all her gifts are inexpensive. We also need to figure out what Santa will be bringing them!! ;)
Now that the kids are a little older I understand how my mom felt every year. I know she was probably excited to watch us open our gifts and watch the excitement on our faces but I know she was missing the excitement of getting gifts herself. I know this comes with being a mom. Mom always thinks about everyone in the household except herself! As we got older my mom started getting gifts for herself to open because no one ever thought of her (except for the fact that we were too little to get her anything anyways)! Well I learnt from that! I wonder what Santa will be bringing me for christmas this year?!?!
Who believes in Santa?! As a child I never blieved in Santa. We were always told Santa is not real. My parents didnt blieve in making us believe in something that wasnt real just to break our hearts in the future. I was always set on doing the exact same thing and it took Grant about a year and a half to change my mind! I now make the kids believe in Santa because although he is not real, how exciting is it to believe in something magical who brings you presents? Eventually when they are old enough to ask the questions I will tell them the truth and I'm sure they will get over it very quickly because "Santa" will still bring them presents every year!!
Its funny how when you get married traditions blend together to make new ones for a new family. Grant and I were raised very similar so we are lucky that combining our traditions and beliefs is very easy. Some things are a little more difficult especially with how stubborn I am. No matter what I am usually right (whether I really am or not!). I am excited to begin a christmas season with our new traditions that the kids might actually start to remember!!
No comments:
Post a Comment