Friday, October 15, 2010

Trying to survive...

We try to give our kids everything we can. Sometimes what we can give them just isn't enough. For me, My kids have everything they need and they always will. That not only being because Grant and I work as hard as we can but also from Grandparents and Great Grandparents. And sometimes what we can give them just doesn't seem like enough, in the eyes of the parent anyway. Kids don't need a million toys, or a big house, or a big bedroom, or a nice vehicle, or anything fancy. Heck Dalyce plays with shoes and containers most of the time and Austin watches a lot of movies and reads books. Grant and I have been looking for a house with 4 bedrooms the last little while because I am determined to give each of my children their own bedroom. This might be delayed a little bit more than expected but it will happen one day I'm sure.

Austin woke up this morning to discover that it was snowing. He yelled "Mommy look it's snowing, now I can go outside and build a snowman right?" Good thing Austin finally got a snow suit last weekend (from grants parents) so that when there is enough snow he can go outside and build a snowman!

Sometimes we take for granted the little things in life that are most important. Money isn't everything, I know we need it to survive but it isn't everything. Sometimes just barely getting by does a family more good than harm. I wouldn't be the person I am today if my parents were rich or had everything handed to them. I was tought to work for everything and be proud of what I've got. I was tought that family is the most important thing you can have. And you can't buy love, especially from your kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment