Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Milestones

There are milestones in your life that you hit when you realize...whoa, this is life! I hit one of those today. Now I have had 2 new vehicles before in my life so it wasnt that. This is the first vehicle I have actually owned and it is mine. It also happens to be a truck of all things. When I got the rav and the sienna it just wasn't the same. Today I feel like a big grown up and I have something to call my own and be so proud of! It is also a big, huge step in my life. We got a truck so we could tow a trailer, mostly. We needed a crew cab to tow all of our children, who are all still in car seats. I think I would've bought a crew cab anyways just so that they had a lot of room to grow in to. Although this big truck thing is mine I kind of feel like I am driving my dads truck or something because I never thought I was going to be a truck person, but driving it home today I realized I really am. I didn't like how far away the kids were in the van, it kind of made me nervous. I also had to pull over on the way to drop them off today to give them a big fat warning to stop being so loud and hitting each other. I don't think they took me seriously so I had to prove it! If I was in the truck when this happened I could've just reached around. I like being able to just reach and hand them something and reach and take something away from them. In the van this was not even close to possible.

I think I will miss the van immensly. I liked how roomy it was and everything but I think over time, as I get used to the truck and its capabilities, the van with not even enter my mind anymore. I do already though miss putting stuff in the back of the van and having it covered. We will need to get a cargo cover thingy ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment